Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome, Home Sweet Home

Welcome! I'm Herbie131, and even though I'm oly thirteen, I am in love with architecture; I guess you could say that it's in my blood. My mom designed my family's house in 1988 to blend in with those surrounding ours, from the 1920's. She succeded, and we live in a great house. She also designed the remodles of the kitchen, great room, my bathroom, and my parents' bathroom, and they are gorgeous! I also recently discovered that before I was born, my sister loved house plans and their "mystery," too. As for my dad, well, I'll put it short and sweet and say that he's an active accountant; he tells me he was born forty, therefore, he has always been an accountant. He also has always wanted to say "I missed the sixties; I was an accountant," so here it is for you dad; it's now out on the web.



Another reason that I love architecture is that I live in Eastmorland, in Portland, Oregon, where every single house has a different floor plan. Amazing, isn't it? Some houses had the same plan when thery were built, like eighty or ninety years ago, but after decades of tweaking and remodling, I would say not anymore! There are pueblos next to Cape Cods, Colonials next to Craftsmans, English Tudors, Dutch Colonials, and, well, I'll list off the different types of homes in a later post.



Welll, I'm Herbie131 at colorfulcraftsman.blogspot.com, and if you have any questions at all about differnt styles of house, or other architectural questions, feel free to post them in a comment, and I'll do my best to answer them! (For a thirteen year old, I might not be as well-informed as true architectes, but I blew my sister away with just naming off different types of houses in our area, and she's twenty-five! Feel free to ask me anything!)

- Herbie131

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog